You don’t need much in the way of experience or tools to achieve beautiful curls! We curl our Au Naturale style Maya with just curlers and hot water! It’s easy! See how here:
*Note: EpicCosplay wigs are heat resistant up to 400 F. Not all wigs are! Please keep in mind this guide is made with our heat resistant fibers.
Do not attempt this with your own hair or wigs that are not heat resistant.
To curl an Epic Cosplay wig with hot water:
1. Section out pieces of hair and roll each section around a foam curler.
2. Boil water in a large pot. Once the water is boiling, turn off the burner and remove the pot from the heat.
3. Submerge the curlers in the hot water for 5 to 10 seconds.
4. Allow the fibers to completely cool on the rollers. This will set the curls.
5. Remove the curlers once the wig has cooled and allow your wig to dry. Folding wig stands make great drying racks!
6. Gently comb or brush out your dry wig. Do not brush a wig while it is wet. Brushing a wet wig can cause damage to the wig!Posted by Epic Cosplay on Posted on