Have a wig you need to clean and restyle? Here’s instructions on how to wash your wig.
You can use your own shampoo for this! No special products needed.
Remember to only brush a dry wig! Combing it while wet can damage the wig.
1. Fill a tub or sink with lukewarm water.
2. Add a small amount of shampoo- just enough to make suds. It’s okay to use the shampoo for human hair as long as it is not an abrasive type of shampoo. Avoid dandruff or medical shampoos.
3. Submerge the wig in the water and gently work out any hair products you may have used to style the wig. The water may become discolored from hair products and oils.
4. Replace the water with clean water and allow the wig to soak for a few minutes.
5. Work out any extra shampoo in the clean water.
6. Remove the wig and gently pat your wig try with a towel.
7. Allow your wig to fully dry. Folding wig stands make great drying racks! Do not bush your wig while it is wet. Brushing a wet wig can damage the wig.
8. Gently brush or comb out your dry wig. It is clean and ready to restyle!
Posted by Epic Cosplay on Posted on